General Energy Saving Solutions
- How To Make Your Home More Energy Efficient The best way to find out how to make your home more energy efficient is to schedule a home energy audit. You will get a detailed, custom report that is based on a thorough examination of your home using diagnostic equipment ...
- High Energy Bills! Increasing energy bills are a fact of life. Gas, electricity, and fuel oil costs have been increasing each year, and predicitons for the future indicate similar trends of increasing prices for years to come.
- Green Solutions: Benefit Your Home, Your Pocketbook and the Environment As homes age, a number of problems may start to arise as various systems within the house become less efficient or break down. Some of the common age-related issues you may encounter include ...
- The Energy Star Program The ENERGY STAR program is a joint program between the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of Energy. The program is designed to help people save money and protect the environment ...
- Steps to Follow for an Energy Saving Home During the past two decades, more and more people have started to understand the importance of saving energy. With this increased awareness has come a proliferation of information ...
- 10 Ways To Save Money On Your Electricity Bill Is your electricity bill too high? Do you want to save money each month? Here are 10 ways you can start saving money immediately. Included with each tip is an estimate of how much you can save.
- Energy Efficiency Increases Home Values Today's home buyers increasingly prefer energy efficient homes and condos. An energy efficient home or condo not only contributes toward cutting your utility bill, but can also increase the value of your property.
- Reduce Your Energy Bills Heating bills are rising in every part of the country and the trend will continue due to world energy demands. The average US household expense on energy bills was estimated at 6% of the income in 2005 ...
- Green Home Design Basics The way we humans are currently living isn't going to be sustainable for long. This is something we become more aware of as we see its effects on the environment.
We were unaware of what was involved in an energy audit and your audior took the time to explain everything. We were impressed with the report which told us the areas in which we need to take action on. He never pressured us to use any particular contractors, he just suggested that we go to the HomeEnergyTeam web site to select contractors of our own choice. He did an excellent job and we HIGHLY recommend the Home Energy Team Affiliates. We already have recommended them to several of our neighbors. Again, EXCELLENT JOB!
The Home Energy Team Affiliate auditor was very knowledgeable. I was VERY HAPPY with him. He promptly E-mailed my energy audit report to me and I will consider all of his recommendations.
We found out that our house really has no energy problems. We wanted to thank the Home Energy Team auditor for peace of mind.
I was very satisfied with your energy auditor. He was very qualified and spent a great deal of time with me. The energy audit was very informative.
The energy auditor was very good and helpful. He keeps in touch with me to answer any of my questions.
I was very satisfied with my energy audit. The auditor gave me some tips on attic insulation that were very helpful.
I was very satisfied with my energy audit. Thank you!
Very good service! I am going to replace the windows as the auditor had suggested.
I was very happy with the energy audit. THANKS!
My energy audit was very helpful. Joe Dempsey, your auditor, identified some structural problems that I was not aware of and explained to me why I need more insulation.
The auditor was EXCELLENT! He spent ALOT of time with me. I am going to take 3 to 4 of his suggestions and correct these small items to save on my energy bills.
The auditor did a GREAT JOB! He knew a lot about older homes, which we have. The report was very comprehensive. Thank you!
Your energy auditor was very nice and helpful. He answered all of our questions. We will recommend Home Energy Team Affiliates to our friends and neighbors.
The auditor did a TERRIFIC JOB! The report was FANTASTIC! I will make all the repairs he suggested. I will definitely recommend him to everyone I know that could benefit from a home energy audit.
Steve Sleigh, Chevy Chase
The energy auditor was very professional and I am very satisfied with both the energy audit and the report I received. I will be referring the Home Energy Team Affiliates.
I was very satisfied with the auditor. He was great and gave me some very valuable information. I will refer him to people I know who may need a home energy audit.
Your home energy audit proved to be very informative and helpful. I was not aware of the updraft created inside our walls because of the balloon framing construction. You said that that can cause heat to be pulled out of the house with the draft going up inside the walls and should be re-mediated. You also said that the attic insulation was insufficient and that fiberglass batts can leave spaces for around the edges causing heat loss and that it should have blown in insulation on top of what was there to seal the whole attic and increase the R factor. Thank You for all your advice and expertise. You made me aware of things I should consider and did the upgrades. I can already see the difference on my utility bills!